Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

Diary Entry 16

I recently completed the research task 'Research into the relevant music genre'. In my case, this was the genre of indie/rock. During this task, I researched the kind of fashion artists in this genre tend to wear, as well as their appearance in their music videos. I also investigated the props these artists use in their music videos. I also went on to state how prominent social issues tend to be in indie/rock music videos. I found out that many music videos, such as Arcade Fire's 'The Suburbs' often have an underlying social issues which is being illustrated to the audience to make them more aware.
This task was very helpful in exposing me to the typical codes and conventions included in indie/rock music videos. It also gave me ideas for my own music video, such as the decision I made to make my actor wear fairly casual clothes because this would fit in with the indie/rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment